Friday, December 24, 2010

Snow that is dark, dark and jolly













My farm is honestly so pretty in the winter. I feel so bad for the animals though. The first of the lambs were born yesterday, in this snow. My Dad caught it just in time, the twinies would have been goners. It made me think about the oddness of birth and I couldn't stop starring at them and thinking, my Dad eventually told me to not worry about it. I got scared for them, one minute they were surrounded in gew and happy as larry. Then they were thrown out into the freezing cold, to discover they couldn't swim any more, they had to try stand. That was the best bit, watching them try to stand. It's exactly like Bambi, almost painful to watch. I cheered when the weaker one stumbled off the ground an inch(they can only wiggle around). So, I got so confused and frustrated for them I had to walk away. Moved onto the other sheep then, they're just creeps. Stare and moan for food, so annoying. I hope the lambs try stay in the bellies for just a few more days so maybe they can escape this horrid snow. Two sheep have died already because of it. If they are weak in any way they simply can't stand it, they have to give up. I wouldn't be able to handle it. Sure they have their wool but they have teeny little stick legs and that's what's in the snow, not the wool. I wanted to take pictures of the lambs but they were covered in the after birth(which my dog loves to eat). 

No comments:

Post a Comment